PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown Menus

aestronza
12-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Can anyone help me out with an issue on dropdown menus?

Let's say I have created a site with files off of the root with dropdown menus.

I have been taking index.html and doing a file/save as "filename.htm" as my template.file. This template file has all of the options on the dropdown linked to other files perfectly.

Later, I decide to create a subdirectory. I open index.html and do my file/save as into the subdirectory with a new name.

Problem: When I save the file into a subdirectory all links that are on the dropdown no longer function and I am spending numerous hours relinking everything. Is there a way to either prevent this, or fix this safely, globally?

Please HELP ... this is ridiculous!!! :wacko:

Creative Insanity
12-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Obviously you done the renaming and moving outside dreamweaver, as if you done it inside DW it would of asked you if you wanted to update.
Doing it externally out side dreamweaver you are going to have a long manual job on your hands.

If you ever in the future make a file name change, or directory change, ALWAYS do it inside dw.

aestronza
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
If I am opening the file in Dreamweaver and I'm in "Design View" and I do a "File Save As" to a subdirectory with the file I have open ... isn't that updating in Dreamweaver?

It does prompt (sometimes) to update ... and I always say yes. However the problem is that the items on the dropdowns are not being updated.

:blink:

Creative Insanity
12-27-2005, 10:39 PM
In the future if you want to rename and move files for the final output (so you have not so many copies of) rename and move them in the FILES panel and that will ask if you want to update and also when done show you the results from the rename or move and you can check in there if all the files (including your template) has been updated.

domedia
12-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Using absolute paths instead of relative ones would eliminate the whole problem.