PDA

View Full Version : Remove items from 'Open a Recent Item'

WidgeySplat
12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Hello! I've been playing around with Dreamweaver for about 24 hours and am on a vertical learning curve!

I've created some files and then deleted them in Windows, but they keep appearing in the 'Open a Recent Item' list when I start up Dreamweaver.

Any quick way of removing 'dead' links to discarded files?

Is there a way of deleting files via Dreamweaver so that recent items lists are updated and obsolete files listed are erased?

Thanks for any help.

WS

davidj
12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I've created some files and then deleted them in Windows, but they keep appearing in the 'Open a Recent Item' list when I start up Dreamweaver.

if you have deleted them using windows and then started DW then DW does not know that you deleted them. When you open documents in DW the files that you deleted will drop off the list after a short time. Nothing to worry about really

If you have started out using DW then i think studying the Open Recent list is the least of your worries. Start by building sites and ask questions like...
How do i use CSS or What is a <DIV>. These Q's and A's will help you more than the Q you just asked