PDA

View Full Version : Updating my Real estate - current offers page

itsjithu
12-24-2005, 05:21 AM
My client wants to update his real estate site, lets say we have a currentoffers.html web page, now what is required is that when ever new real estate buy/sell offers come it has to be posted on this page, my client doesnt know how to use html, dreamweaver...

Hence pls guide me on this -- on how to give him the option of updating the currentoffer.html page.

Thanks a bunch,

itsjithu

ramandeep
12-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi there,
we can do this easily with CMS but i am afraid if your client feels difficult to use dreamweaver he will feel the same for CMS aswell.

but its easy to do this task ,provided you got knowledge of CMS systems.
oops! sorry CMS means Content Management System.

Creative Insanity
12-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Personally I would be looking at a dynamic site with an admin area that is made for his precise purpose. This can all be done then from a browser while he sits at home.
Also any static html site (assuming he already has one) can be turned into a dynamic site keeping it's original layout and look.
CMS are not a fan of mine as they take rather alot to get the look you want and many are too restrictive in what can be done with them.
You can go so far, and many times that is not far enough.

domedia
12-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Or Dreamweaver Contribute which seemed to be made for these kind of situations. And especially since real estate agents are really tight with their money ;)

wildeoffice
12-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Or Dreamweaver Contribute which seemed to be made for these kind of situations. And especially since real estate agents are really tight with their money ;)
Does contribute allow the addition of pictures? I have a client that wants me to create the site in such a way that she can add pictures to a gallery. Is this possible? Also, does the client need contribute loaded on their machine?

Creative Insanity
12-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Info on contribute.

Anyone with permission can create and publish new web content, without requiring any resource from the IT department.;
- Total control - Whoever controls your site, still controls your site. They just get to delegate the day-to-day content management. The assets, functionality, branding and consistency of the site are totally protected.;
- Workload management - The Draft Console shows each author what is in their pipe-line for work, approval or review, so that they can keep on top of their content management workload.
- Web Professionals - Contribute 3 is built on Dreamweaver. Free up your valuable time by delegating content updates. Control tools ensure that design standards are followed, functionality is maintained, and code is protected.
- IT Administrators - You can maintain total control using publishing roles for named users and groups. MSI installer technology allows direct deployment to desktops throughout the entire organisation. Contribute 3 provides robust client-side and server-side extensibility.
- Content Contributors - WYSIWYG user interface, familiar to Microsoft Office users, means no training is required. Content contributors no longer have to wait for technical staff to make web updates.
- Small Businesses - Small business owners can grow their web-based business using Contribute's professionally designed Starter Pages and the PayPal Merchant Tools.

- Empower business users to make content updates easily and safely themselves
- Exercise extensive administrative controls
- Protect design standards, functionality, and code
- Learn it today: Itís easy to use ó no technical knowledge required

Features:
- Easy Setup & Intuitive Interface
- Starter Pages
- Simple Three-Step Workflow
- Editing and UpdatingCheck-in/Check-out
- Integrated Image Editing
- Drag-and-Drop Linking
- Rollbacks
- Improved CSS Rendering Collaboration
- Draft Reviews & Approvals
- Users and Roles

itsjithu
12-26-2005, 04:15 AM
What is this repeater concept .. i was told by my friend that we can use repeater to update this ...but i have not been given any further details on this..

and can we use repeater to update the html page ..is there any specific method..

regards,

itsjithu

Creative Insanity
12-26-2005, 05:10 AM
You are best to go to macromedia.com and read about it there since it is their software.