PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver column images

Hollas
12-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Hello,

i have exported a fireworks design to dreamweaver with all the right slices. I have got a slice in the middle for the content, but i have graphics on the left and the right which i would like to multiply as more text is added. at the moment when i add text there is a space inbetween each of the graphics.

how do i do this?

many thanks in advance

alex

p.s nice board ive stumpled across

Creative Insanity
12-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Copy the image width and height (from the code side) and place that into the TD so to set the TD the same size as the image so your table will not colapes.
Now go back to design view and click on the image and in the properties make a copy of what is in there for the image name and location. Now click on the image again and hit the delete key. Because you added the image width and height to the td you will notice that your table will stay in tact. Now with what you copied when the image was there, place that into the background location in the properties panel for that TD.
Now you can write on top of your image as it is now set as a background.

Hollas
12-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Hiya,

thanks for the informativve response. but i got confused.

Im not sure if i have got my page set up right in the first place. At the moment i just opened up the export of fireworks by right clicking the html file and hittin edit with dreamweaver. It put everything in a layout table. is this right? i got confused when you told me to copy the code.

I then deleted the image, and click the layout cell, and it gave me the option to change the colour of the actual cell but nowhere for me to import that perticular image.

sorry for the newbness of myself.

really confused.

alex

Creative Insanity
12-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Ok this is very easy and to make it even easier for you have a look at this.
It uses the xvid codec which is included if you have not got it installed.
Except defaults for the plugin when you install.

bg image VTM ('http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/bgimage.rar').

You can add this one to the collection if you want doim.. it is in VTM folder.

Jittor
12-23-2005, 06:17 PM
CI, I simi understand what your saying. I do a lot of web exporting from Photoshop and often use a simular trick of putting the sliced image as the back ground. What I didn't fully understand is what to do in the TD tags within the code, and does that keep the table from expanding when you have entered to much text?
Is this better handled with script like CSS?

I tried to download that file but it is not an application my computer reconizes.

domedia
12-23-2005, 06:21 PM
CI: Got it, thanks!

Jittor
12-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Anyone - not just Creative Insanity - I was just refering to his question, it that's what you mean domedia.

domedia
12-23-2005, 06:48 PM
jittor, nope :)
It was a cryptic message to Creative Insanity that I got his download.

Jittor
12-23-2005, 07:01 PM
gotcha

Creative Insanity
12-23-2005, 07:09 PM
The file is a rar file jit and you will need to download winrar to open it.
As for the TD size.. no, it will not stop the TD from growing. But it does save your table from falling to pieces once you delete the image.
As for the CSS comment.. many here do not know what a css file is let alone how to create something like that in a css file.
I wanted to show the easiest and fastest method for the beginner and nothing more.

Ok dom.. cool ;)

Jittor
12-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Good to know. I do have the problem of the silced images falling to peices so your advice was well taken. Thanks

Creative Insanity
12-23-2005, 07:34 PM
In the future these will be in flash format so that mac users can view them as well. I always tend to forget about the mac user.
I know.. my bad.