PDA

View Full Version : where to find job

garfy
12-21-2005, 12:14 AM
what are the best sites to look for work as a freelancer building websites ...............

davidj
12-21-2005, 08:08 AM
companies as i see them dont advertise for freelance developers to do their site's

example...
Need a site developed..best price paid..Contact IBM on 4567789..etc

You need to have developed a few corporate sites and advertise yourself through your work. You need to do some marketing and you need to do allot of ringing around.

nowadays i think the money has been diluted in the static web page market and allot of major companies use CMS and inhouse development anyway.

people dont knock on your door offering work anymore. Those days are long gone

domedia
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
What kind of clients are you looking for?

If you're in a low cost of development country, I'd look towards websites like elance.com and rentacoder.com.
If not, I'd look into your local area, join the chamber of commerce (or similiar in your country), start networking and get to know you local business owners.

theagro
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
One of the things that I have found to 'help' is hand out handfulls of business cards to everyone I meet. I have also been known to go through my phone book, pick out a company and call them and ask if they have a website for more information. Most of the time, if they say they don't currently have a site they will also mention that they need one or are looking into having one done. Then you can move in with your sales pitch.

If they do have a site, go check it out and if it looks like someone made it using crayola crayons then hit them up on their contacts page and offer your services.

Most companies that spend thousands of $'s on their site don't need someone to 'redesign' their site, unless they just like to throw money around.

Puddinlover
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I know you have probelly tryed this but seems when i type in google freelance webdesign brings up alot of nice sites seen a few very simple prodjects i could do people willing to pay 500$(usd) for! Only iam just 15 so cant really earn any money :*( also (offtopic) seen a c++ prodject for a game help going for 50k!!!