PDA

View Full Version : help using window media player

jonnyauslander
12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi there I'm building a website to contain my art work which is mostly time based so itís important that I can get WMP to work. Unfortunately I'm not that great at web design, and havenít managed to get it right, after a number of days of trying.

I have managed to get it running in firefox on both mine and a friends computer but still canít work out why its doesnít work in explorer.

Any help would really be appreciated.

my site can be found on www.jonnyfenton.co.uk

davidj
12-16-2005, 03:05 PM
it doesnt work for me either

i would rethink your site as the design is a bit shabby. I would also use flash to play your movie then most visiters will be able to see it no mater what browser there using

go here for design inspiration ('http://www.cwd.dk')

there is a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to import movie files into flash.

im sure i did a tut that failed to get published on here? however im used to rejection :(

Creative Insanity
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Well it worked for me and I gotta say, do you want people to ACTUALLY visit your site? If so I think some serious designing is needed badly.
Also I agree with dj, use flash and stream that movie.

jonnyauslander
12-16-2005, 04:43 PM
My site has no design yet LOL I'm still working on the design ideas, It should have a better face by the end of the weekend.

But I really wanted to get the media player element working. How do I use flash to stream? because thats what I really had in mind.

Creative Insanity
12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Here ya go ('http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Utilities/Flash_pl-Tony_Doc-1006/index.php')

jonnyauslander
12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Re: Here you go

Sorry am I being a ubernoob? I dont understand? What flash file am I surposed to open up and in what window?

Creative Insanity
12-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Read what is on that page, it tells you about movie files in flash.

jonnyauslander
12-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I did and I dont understand

It sez Open the FlashPlayer fla file. What fla file?
It sez Import a video clip or music mpeg. into what progam flash or dreamweaver

It sez I made this thing for giggles its simple editable and you can exchange your own graphics or make your own buttons I don't care. what did he make I dont see anything to download or watch make?

davidj
12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
there should be a download that includes a flash file (.FLA)

use flash to open this file

the instructions should be on the site

jonnyauslander
12-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks I thought that might be the case I just dont seem to be able to find the download.

domedia
12-17-2005, 05:55 PM
hmmm... actually I can't see it either.. :-(