PDA

View Full Version : Browser Alignment

ekke287
12-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey all

I'm building a website where my first page is just an image with a hotspot that links to the next page (enter).

I'm pretty new to Dreamweaver so this might seem an easy question for you guys.

I want my image to sit Exactly in the centre of the browser when i upload / preview it. So much so, that when you resize your window the image will move so it's still in the centre both vertically and horizontally. If possible, I'd like to achieve this without using a table? I can make the image sit right horizontally, simply by having it aligned to centre, but how is this achieved vertically?

thanks all in advance

Creative Insanity
12-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Useless splash pages. What you are trying to create is a splash page and a useless one at that.
The purpose of the splash pages is if you have to versions of a site and want to allow people to choose which version to view. One that just has enter on it is not needed in my view as it only creates another click for the viewer.

Seems a lot of people have forgotten, or cannot remember the golden rule with web design.
Three clicks to the furtherest part of your site.

ekke287
12-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Well the reason i've put this page in is because the client only wanted 2 pages, one large graphic on the first page with the only link to "enter" and a second page of content.

I did suggest that the first page wasn't needed, but as a client he decides what he wants.

The only thing i need to know is how to have the image sitting in the exact middle both vertically and horizontally, regardless of browser size.

thanks

Creative Insanity
12-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I guess the client is always right ( or are they??)
as for your question I do not know as I have never needed it.

davidj
12-19-2005, 09:57 AM
you could drop the image in a 1 row/column table with width and height set to 100% (no page margins)

then set the <td> alignment to align="center" valign="middle"

the image will then centre

or if your from the U.S

the image will then center

:rolleyes: