PDA

View Full Version : spacer.gifs - Why won't They Leave me Alone?

Shooga
12-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone!
Aleja E. and I are expereincing the same problem in that every time we slice in FW and launch in DW , we ALWAYS have spacer.gifs. No matter which site and how perfect and accurate we think our slices are.... once opened in DW, we have spacers. I can delete the spacers in DW and the page still looks fine....but why is this happening?

Any ideas...are we doing something wrong?

Thanks a ton!!
~Shooga

:blink:

bkendall
12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
when you export, click on options on the lower right. Then click the table tab in the upper left. Now just adjust the drop down option that says "space with:" and then no more spacers.

davidj
12-14-2005, 07:45 AM
i think FW is just being over cautious. I use photoshop to design and slice, once i have exported i then create a CSS and start getting jiggy with it by setting most of the imagery as CSS <td> backgrounds. Once you do this the table normaly collapses in on its self. Its not that hard to correct this.

I find that in Photoshop if you slice correctly and accuratly then there is no spacer creation

Creative Insanity
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah I feel myself that PS's slicing is way more accurate.
I am not sure if FW does this, but I normally set out guide lines before I slice so I know everything is correct first. Easier to change a quide then fix when sliced.