PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver behaviour

bolloscript
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi all, I'm new here so first of all hello!

I just got a bit stuck on a page i'm building.
I'm using dreamweaver 8.
I created a link on a page & set the behaviour to 'open in new browser window' and set the page properties. That works absolutely fine.
But if i then do the same thing with another link on the same page, it opens both the page I linked to, and the previous page from the previous link that I set with this behaviour. (I hope that makes sense :P )

Anyone know a way round it?
Much appreciated.

oops wrong forum, sorry, I'll post in the right one doh!

davidj
12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
you may be calling the same window as you may not have declared a variable

please post link to your site

bolloscript
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
WOW quick reply thanks!

Its not actually up yet, the pages are still on my pc at home.
I didnt actually find anywhere that I could add adifferent title e.t.c. when I added the behaviour, it only gives me variables for size, parameters e.t.c. which I actually want to be the same.
Ah (lightbulb just flicked on) maybe I'll go in & handcode different titles for the pages (only learned how to do that last night) see if that solves it.

Thanks again :-)

davidj
12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
when you set up your popup you should be given a name space for the window

make sure you call each popup a different name

bolloscript
12-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Great thank you david, I'll let you know how I get on later.
Of course I can't post beer on a forum so I'll drink one for you if I have success.

Great forum by the way, folks here seem very friendly & welcoming.

I havent read the rules yet, but may I suggest a link to a site for people wishing to learn handcoding?
I only found it on google, but I learned the bare basics in a just couple of hours, really well explained, if a little out of date. :-)

davidj
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
GET ME THIS INSTEAD OF BEER ('http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/systems/product.asp?section=systems&sub=ms&prodid=12')