PDA

View Full Version : where to start php form

rogenie
12-02-2005, 07:57 AM
hey guys, i have posted a few threads asking different questions here. I just want to thank you all who helped me. Now comes another thing that i think i am pretty much ready to start learning. I made this form in one of my websites RIGHT HERE ('http://www.corrdentonline.com/SubPages/ContactUs.php'), i have validated them and now i think i am ready to work just a little bit with php and mysql. I have both of them installed in my server and i dont know where to find that tutorial that can walk me through the form processing stuff. Can anyone suggest a tutorial? Or a piece of script i can modify and study? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks bunch.

ramandeep
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi rogenie,
Here is the PHP script attached for sending your form results to Email.

Just open this file and change these parameters according to you

$subject
$emailadd
$url

Give your form action= sendresults.php and it will do.

Creative Insanity
12-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Don't forget to change the form action to sendresults.php

rogenie
12-04-2005, 03:15 AM
i dont understand. sorry. i copy and paste it before the /form tag and i also changed the things that needs to be changed there but when i preview it, it automatically redirects me to the thanks page? Also i validate the forms in dreamweaver does this matter? Where should i exactly put this code? TY.

Creative Insanity
12-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Leave it as a seperate file with that name sendresults.php and edit where you need to.
Then on your form page make the action to that php file. Also use the POST method.

rogenie
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
still working on it.......

Creative Insanity
12-05-2005, 12:19 AM
I have tested that php script and it seems to work a treat with no hiccups or errors.