PDA

View Full Version : can you control stock with dreamweaver?

mcglynn
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
i have been asked to design a website for a woman i know selling baby clothes. She has just asked me about stock control and if there is anyway i can do to stop her selling things that she has ran out of. If anyone could help i would be very grateful.
McGlynn

Creative Insanity
11-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Lemme think..
Off the top of my head.

I am assuming here a dynamic site.

there could be an admin section where the items and numbers of each item would be in the admin section and this could be used ..

wait a minute.. what about a script that would count what has been added to a cart, and that would remove the number of items sold from the total amount in the database and then there could be a condition where anything <1 would not display, therefore not be up for sale.

Or you could by pass all that and just add a back order feature (so sales would not be lost) which would tell the buyer that no stock and ask them if they would like to place it on back order..
Yeah that would be the best way I think as if it is not showing then that could be lost sales.

domedia
11-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Does she run some kind of inventory software? Is is possible to network this and connect to it? If so you could have the server ask for number of items in inventory.