PDA

View Full Version : Browser issues

rogenie
11-20-2005, 05:18 AM
hi guys. preety new here and so is in web design world. I had been searching all over the internet for a tutorial or any info on how to adjust the codes so that when i preview them in mozilla, it would look atleast a little similar as when i preview them in IE. here is the website www.corrdentonline.com. as you can see the table width is the sane but all look totally diff if preveiwed in both browser. How can i fix this? is there any extension that can do it? thanks so much in advance.

Creative Insanity
11-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Remove this from the top of the source.
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"
Also wether that line is there or not it will not display the same in FF as it does in IE for the simplte reason that FF follows the W3C code of compliance and IE does not.
So with the snip in the code if you have coloured scroll bars they will not work in IE. They will never work in ff.
The easy way around this problem is design for FF and if you have anything special you want to show up in IE then remove the suggested.
I know many here will say tisk tisk bad.. but I remove the whole line and have gone as far as stopping dw from entering it.
I prefer to do a site the way I want to not like someone else wants it.
If they display fine in IE and FF then I say pfftt w3c.

rogenie
11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
hey it worked! thanks for the tip. :D

Creative Insanity
11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
You are most welcome :)