PDA

View Full Version : Reaching remote server to update website

JNS515
11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I have been asked to asked to update another companies web site and I am having problems reaching their server using dreamweaver. I am a frontpage user but am using dreamweaver because that is what they are using (no biggie) but I am not sure I am inputting the correct information in correct spot to reach their files. I have been trying for weeks and still can not figure it out. I have all their passwords, domain name etc. but it will not connect. I have attached a file with what I am doing - can someone help???

thanks
JNS515

davidj
11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
can you specify the error

is the other company using a firewall

ramandeep
11-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Sometimes your computer firewalls restrict the connections.You can check the firewalls.It can be your Norton,Win XP firewall,or any firewall installed on the system.

Creative Insanity
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I am guessing firewall also.
Just give dw access to the Internet and all your problems will be over.
For weeks I could not get DW8 to do anything for me, and yesterday (since I returned mine for a refund) downloaded the demo to help someone on here and it would never (in the past) see a testing server or connect to my local server through ftp.
For ages I was blaming dw8 (which is why I returned it) but found out yesterday the fault was me as I had not given it access to the Internet.
Yes it needs that even if you are on a local network. if not it won't even start looking and just toss out errors.