PDA

View Full Version : Geting Started Tutorial

vagin
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I am studying the geting started tutorial of Dreamweaver. I am in the "Creating a static page section" and more specifically in the section where it says how to an add an image. My problem has to do with the last part of this section which says how <span style='color:red'>to make text flow around an image</span>

I am doing all the 7 steps required but nothing happens. Can you tell me what i might be doing wrong

domedia
11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
What 7 steps? You might want to tell us which tutorial you are talking about. Is this from the manual (in which case you should mention which versions manual you are reading), is it from another book published by someone other than macromedia, is it from macromedia's website or someone elses website.

If the steps are not too lengthy, you could paste/type them in this thread as well.

Yinny
11-15-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure how much help this is to you but I spent some considerable time mastering tables. If you have any tutorials on them, then I suggest you get stuck in. Once mastered, you can put text all around an image. Good luck.

vagin
11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Regarding the Nov 14 post with title Geting Started Tutorial, CSS style

I was refering to the Geting started and Tutorials which is in Dreamweaver MX 2004 under the help menu.

I am in the "Creating a static page section" and more specifically in the section where it says how to an add an image. My problem has to do with the last part of this section which says how to make text flow around an image
The 7 steps i was refering to are the following:

To make text flow around your image:

1.Select the car image in the main column.

2.In the CSS Styles panel (Window > CSS Styles), click the New CSS Style button.

3.In the New CSS Style dialog box, select Advanced from the Selector
Type options, and type #SplashImage (including the number sign at the beginning) in the Name text box. In the Define In option, select This Document Only.

4.Click OK.

5.In the CSS Style Definition dialog box, select the Box category, then select Left from the Float pop-up menu.

6.Click OK to define the style and dismiss the dialog box.

7.The style is applied to the image (which has SplashImage as the value of its ID attribute), making the text wrap around it

The problem is that nothing happens,if you need further clarification just say so.

Thank you.

Creative Insanity
11-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I take it that this is DW8? Since I have got that no longer (returned for a refund cause it is a dog) I will download the trial and see what I can suss out for you.
Gimme a couple of ticks and I'll be back with the answer, hopefully.

I have looked at both DW8 and MX and cannot find anywhere in your docs the headings you meantion.

Could you give more details on where you find this in the docs in either?

Creative Insanity
11-18-2005, 08:30 PM
You mean you can't find the tutorial to which i am refering to.
It is in Dreamweaver MX 2004 under the help menu and there where it says Getting Started and Tutorials

Cannot see that heading. What is it under?

vagin
11-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Here is the menu i am talking about.
It is under the HELP menu.

Where it says"Getting Started and Tutorials"

Creative Insanity
11-19-2005, 07:40 AM
I aint got a clue what is going on here.. but as you can see my help index is nothing like what you are showing.