PDA

View Full Version : Create Web Photo Album

modmonkey
11-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi,

The command 'create web photo album' builds up a basic web album, but I wonder how you apply a .css file or a template across all the new pages. I do not understand templates work and wonder if anyone can recomend a good website or book that would be able to help me build up a stylish website at speed. I already have the basic pages set up, but I do not know how add the style of the pages across Dreamweaver's basic generated webpages. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Charlie

Creative Insanity
11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Just create your css file and then connect to your pages like:

<link href="css/ci.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

This connect a css file called ci in a folder called css.

modmonkey
11-14-2005, 09:11 AM
My question was finding a quick way to add that tag to the 300 odd pages that get setup with the 'photo album', without having to individually edit 300 pages separately.

Is there a way to add the same information to may pages at once?

davidj
11-14-2005, 09:21 AM
yes

open any page

press Ctrl + F

in the Find and Replace dialogue set the dropdown to entire local site

if you want to add the word HELLO to every page say in the title tag of your site you would just do a find on <title>untitled.html</title> and rplace it with <title>HELLO</title>

if you want to add stuff in the body then find <body> and in replace set this.. <body> new stuff here. Every page will be changed to include your new stuff

this will run through and replace every intance in your entire local site.

warning... Get this wrong and you could kill your site and all the work and effort you put in but if your dealing with a 300 page site then its the only way to do this. Back up your site and test it first

Creative Insanity
11-14-2005, 09:40 AM
My question was finding a quick way to add that tag to the 300 odd pages that get setup with the 'photo album', without having to individually edit 300 pages separately.

Is there a way to add the same information to may pages at once?
You are lucky dj answered this as after that reply I would of said press F1 and find out.

I am here to help not to be talked to in that manner.

modmonkey
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi Creative Insanity,

Many appologies if that reply came across badly. There was no 'tone' intentioned. I genuinely meant with my reply, that my question was badly worded in the first place and I obviously hadn't asked what I really wanted to know.

Sorry, no offence meant.

bkendall
11-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes I agree with DJ when it comes to search and replace. Normally I will do a search first and then click through a couple of the pages and change them one at a time at first that way if they are not right you have an un do. Once I am sure that my changes are correct and don't blow anything up then I will do the search and replace.

Creative Insanity
11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
She's cool mm..

modmonkey
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys for all your help - I'll have a go right now, sounds just what the doctor ordered.

modmonkey
11-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Hello again,

Can anyone could give me advice on the following-

I'm using find and replace, but I'm having trouble with the following text which isn't a tag, but actual text shown on the page as generated in 'create web photo album' command.

Original text on each page:

wedding/evening11.jpg
wedding/evening12.jpg
wedding/evening12.jpg
wedding/evening13.jpg
....etc

I would like to replace the whole lot on each individual page with a reference to a single tag, linking to a title image.

How do I get the find option to work? I can then replace it on an individual case.

I've tried 'find' wedding/evening??.jpg as well as others but don't seem to be able to crack it.

Thanks again in advance for any help given.

Much appreciated,

Charlie

Creative Insanity
11-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Use local site as the first option and document source as the next and find wedding/evening*.jpg and in the replace field add what you want to replace it with.