PDA

View Full Version : Audio File, CDA format

Carter
11-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Hello Creative Insantity,

Following-up on my previous, "Add a audio clip to website." (The thread is closed so I could not post the question.) You offered to assist with streaming the file. Well, I need your assistance. The file is in .cda format (CD Audio), where would I email or post the file so you get it?

You can email me at ccarterscj@cs.com. Thanks

Carter

Creative Insanity
11-10-2005, 09:55 PM
You cannot send just the cda format as that is just an audio CD file, and they are written in a way that there is also an invisable file on the CD that has all the play time.
CDA files are only a few K because they are only the index file to each track to the rest of the track info.
You will need to extract the files you want to mp3 (I think that Mediaplayer can do that) to your hdd and then zip them up and send them to ken@webthings.org

Carter
11-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Ok, I converted the audiofile from .cda to .wav - but maybe it should have been in MP3 format instead. Anyway, the file is really large - almost 49MB, approx. 48 minutes long. That is an awfully big file to email so I posted it on our church website, in the root directory of www.pbc5star.org. The file name is pbcaudio.zip. Could you download it from there? Unfortunately, I would like to split it up into smaller clips but I am not sure how to this.

The reason I asked for your assistance is I tried a couple of times to download an eval copy of Flash8 from Macromedia but it blows-up.... perhaps they're having problems with the file or its my computer. I'm using broadband, Comcast, so it shouldn't be a time-out issue. Thanks

Carter

Creative Insanity
11-13-2005, 06:47 AM
It is not the file size that bothers me.. but your slow hoster does.. hehe
I mean 55k a sec?? I would be having words to them if they were my hoster.

I will reply when done.

Creative Insanity
11-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry carter but that audio file is in wma format and the speach is all broken and there are parts missing. I am sure you do not want to put that on the site.

I will see what I can do with it. Who ever produced that and took out the audiance wants shooting. That is a horrid production.

Ok after what lot of cleaning up and fixing we have a stream that now makes sence.

File is 3.77mb so will stream nice with no major pauses. But your server speed worries me a little.

The file ('http://www.webthings.org/ci/carter.zip').

A demo. ('http://www.webthings.org/ci/carter.swf')

Both files will be deleted in 24 hours.

Carter
11-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Creative Insantity,

Thank you.

I downloaded the stream file so please remove it from your site if you have not already. You are right. The original audio file is pretty bad. We had a rookie running the board during the taping.

You reduced that file from approx. 46MB to about 4MB, cleaned it up and etc. Was this done using Macromedia's Flash and/or some other product?

Approx. how long did it take?

Again,
Carter

Creative Insanity
11-16-2005, 05:12 AM
I have done music production for a number of years now (creative.audio.webthings.org) so sound and sound files is one think I know alot about. I just used one of my production programs I use daily and it took about 5 minutes.

Carter
11-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Creative Insanity,

I am still having problems with MicroMedia's Flash8, infact the last download screwed up my Dreamweaver install. Would you please stream two files for me? The files are life.zip and Shout.mp3. These files can be found at www.pbc5star.org/life.zip and shout.mp3.

I downloaded Audacity to edit these files but I am still learning how to use this software. On the file Shout.mp3, I was attempting to capture from starting point 4:10 through the end of the sermon. Thanks.

Carter

Creative Insanity
11-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Read you email for responce.

Carter
11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Creative Insanity,

Thank you for converting the files and I appreciate what you have done for PBC5Star!

Concerning reducing audio file footprints and streaming them, I have a lot to learn about this so can you recommend a good site to get me started?

And, please remove these files from your site when you have a chance.

Thanks again!!!

Carter

Creative Insanity
11-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Naa don't know any sites as I just learnt from trial and error.
You just need to know the basics to start with and the rest is experience.