PDA

View Full Version : Re: Login form welcome page.

malhyp
11-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi there, I just wanted to know how to create code or is there an option in Dreamweaver / ASP that when you login to a page the welcome page comes up with the users name up the top.

Eg: Welcome to our website JIM.

We have created a login page using Dreamweaver and Microsoft Access as the database with login names and passwords. Also using ASP.

Any helpw would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Malcolm .

Creative Insanity
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
You can create a session for the user name varible and then add the session where you want it to display.
This will pick up what the user enters as the user name and display that when they access the page with the session.

Sorry I cannot give you any code descriptions as I no longer have ASP as an option.

But in theory load dreamweaver and go Insert -> Application Objects -> User Authentication -> Login User. DW will set up a varible for the username.. copy that and create a session with it.
You will need to have another page with a login form and when asked by DW which page to direct the user to select that form page.
The form page will need to be setup and connected to your client account database with their user names and passwords so that when they enter info into the form it will have something to check the info entered.
Make sure you create a failed login page also. This can just be a static page saying the login failed with a link back to the login page incase they entered something wrong by mistake.

malhyp
11-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey there, I gave it a try and it worked perfectly.

THANK YOU

For taking the time.

Malcolm R.

Creative Insanity
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
You are most welcome and glad you got it to work. :)