PDA

View Full Version : disappearing timelines?

ozzy
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
hi. I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions for troubleshooting timelines that disappear - ? I am trying to animate some layers that contain flash objects, but for some reason, when I create a timeline to do this and then preview the document, the timeline disappears. All the buttons that control the animation stay intact, but when you try to edit them an error message comes up saying that the timeline I made and named now does not exist. Any ideas?

ranjan
10-31-2005, 11:12 PM
If I were you, I would forget time lines (ps: dreamweaver mx 2004 had dropped timelines for reasons below, but brought them back on popular demand)for the following reasons

1. Code is too bulky
2. Code is un understandable (not legible)
3. Does not work across all recent browsers

There are several good alternatives available. Please let us know what kind of animation you are trying to achieve (describe it) and maybe we can help with better solutions

ozzy
11-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the reply Ranjan. Here is a link to the page I'm working on - Sample ('http://www.00-00.org/port/obsidprintsamp/obsidprintsample.html'). What I'd like to do is have the thumbnails slide into view when you click the 'o' button, and then slide out of view when you click on the 'x.' My coding knowledge is illiterate at best, so I have been struggling to find a way to do this. Any ideas?

ranjan
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
www.projectseven.com

Look for an extension called layer animagic.

Download , install and see its help file on the user interface

ozzy
11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Nice, the extension seemed to take care of that issue. Thanks for the heads up. :)