PDA

View Full Version : Right hand panel changed

alihamilton
10-30-2005, 01:16 AM
I was transferring some website files from one computer to the other by jump drive and now I notice that the DW MX 2004 right hand panel on the laptop has changed and I cannot seem to fix it. Do not know what I really did to cause this, but it no longer shows the local file window or the taskbar beneath where you can connect. Stays at Desktop and the website files are listed below under Desktop items. If I click on an individual website folder, it opens but not where it should ...in the window where Desktop is) I will attach an image of what I am now getting. There is also no way I can upload files to the remote server. I even uninstalled the program and reinstalled but it comes up the same way.

Any advice please? Hope I am making sense!

kate
10-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Hya,

Is it possible you accidently touched the small white arrow by mistake as this will close the panel group. click to bring back.

You can also click window and choose 'panels' to retrieve.

:lol:

alihamilton
10-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi Kate,
I am not sure what I did but I did not lose the panel...just that the panel did not show my webfiles properly and could not access FTP for webfiles. What I did find is that I had lost all the sites' definitions and once I put them all back in...which took awhile!...everything was fine.

Many thanks for replying!

Creative Insanity
10-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I think what you missed here is the profile files which hold all your preferances etc.
Even an uninstall and reinstall does not remove the profile files and a reinstall will only use the same profile files that the previous install had.
The profile files are in:
C:\Documants and Settings\profile_name\Application Data\macromedia\Dreamweaver [version]

Once you uninstall you should also delete that folder and when you reinstall everything will work fine.
Also when you moved files yoiu should of moved the profile folder as well and the problem would of not happened.

alihamilton
10-30-2005, 09:31 PM
That does make sense.... I will keep that in mind if it happens again....I hope not though! Thanks!