PDA

View Full Version : An Unidentified Error has Occured

Torgut
10-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Today I found a problem opperating Dreamweaver 8. Each time I try connect to MySQL Database, a box pops up saying "An Unidentified Error has Occured".

Testing site in local Apache is successful, so there is nothing wrong with local MySQL and Web Server.

Any help?

Creative Insanity
10-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah it is DW8, I have never as yet been successful with getting that connected to a database. Although phpmyadmin and MX2004 connects fine DW8 just will not.
I went back to MX2004 and sent Macromedia a bug report email.

Torgut
10-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah. But let me tell you that I had a similar issue with DW MX a few months ago. By that time I managed to fix it. It was something related with the config of testing server... paths or directories or something like that. But now I'm a little lost... I'm almost sure I tried everything on the testing server config, and still nothing.

In the other hand, I guess it's pretty obvious that not all the DW 8's are giving that error. So... what exactly in our systems is causing that?

I would step back do DW MX, but it was so full of bugs (Ok, different ones) that I can't even think about it.

davidj
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
try this

open up your local dir where you set your site up and locate a folder called _mmServerScripts

copy this folder and all its contents to the remote dir folder (remote site)

make sure you copy it to the same location (root) as your local site

Torgut
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Humm thanks but it won't work as remote and local are the same here. I don't use DW to update remote server.

davidj
10-31-2005, 01:37 PM
dont use DW to do this

copy the _mmServerScripts to the remote location by FTP

Torgut
10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
There is no Remote Location. Problem is in my local computer.

Now, I tried uninstall DW 8 and give a chance again to DW MX. I was surprised by the same problem. No I would say I'm really in troubles. Only way out I can think now is formating hard disk and reinstall everything again.

Creative Insanity
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Torgut that would be the last result.
If you have no remote files then try removing the remote info and only use local and testing server options.
That has worked for me in the past when I have had this problem.

Torgut
10-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok, buddies, as I said I formated the disk and reinstalled all the stuff. It took me a few hours but now I can take some conclusions from the process:

1) I believe I had TWO different problems in my system.

2) First one, which prevented also DW MX to connect to the database will remain unknown. Only after formatting and reinstalling was it possible to make DW MX connect to database.

3) DW 8 would never connect to the database if I didn't upgrade PHP to latest version. This really was the problem with DW 8. Solved now.

Creative Insanity
10-31-2005, 10:16 PM
3) DW 8 would never connect to the database if I didn't upgrade PHP to latest version. This really was the problem with DW 8. Solved now.
Weird, as I am using the latest of all and as yet DW8 has never found the testing server using either my desktop or laptop, but where MX has no worries.
So I think maybe nothing to do with versions.. dunno. Might see if I can send DW8 back as it is no use to me as it does not work for much other than wasting money and space in the CD rack.

I think I will wait to see what the merger puts out.

ranjan
10-31-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg...cfm?id=tn_16515 ('http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16515')

Creative Insanity
11-01-2005, 12:50 AM
yeah they pointed me to that file in an email and no resolve.
My development server is Linux and 2004 has no worries connecting from either the laptop or the desktop.. but DW8.. forget about it.
I remember the days of Ultra Dev.. that was awesome.. but since the mix of DW and UD things are not as good as they use to be in my books.