PDA

View Full Version : Adding text to my site problem

newbie_1234
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
i am very new at this but i have managed to insert flash buttons to my site. i have now tried to enter text but the buttons go down as i type. i was told to use tables and the buttons still go down and the gap between text is too big. i want a gap like how it is on this message im typing (gap between each line) i know im not explaining very well but if someone can help and knows what i mean please could you let me know. i also would like to know how i link my buttons to another page. i heard with flash buttons i need to do it in flash. is this true? and if so does anyone know. any advice would be great please help!

davidj
10-28-2005, 03:09 PM
please paste code into your post so i can see what your doing

you can crate flash buttons and links from within dreamweaver

(menu) Insert > media > flash button

there is an option in the flash button wizard to insert your link

newbie_1234
10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
ok i will have a look at the linking the flash button to another page. i havent changed my code in any way. i havent looked at html code. i heard i need to use tables when typing. can u tell me how i use the table with out the buttons moving further down the screen and i can adjust the table so it can be moved around.
thanx

davidj
10-28-2005, 03:49 PM
you dont need to use tables as CSS can handle any table task but as you are just starting out i would experiment with both.

starting with tables

on the Common tab there is a table button

when you click this you will be given rows and column options

experiment with these and see what you get back. Keep looking in Code view to get used to what you are creating and to familiarise your self with code structure.

once you are happy with your table insert your cursor into one of the cells and adjust the properties alignment for each cell, row etc. Place elements (buttons and graphics into the cells and again adjust the alignment. Make notes to remind yourself what each alignment option does and how it looks (always check your code to see how DW writes to the page.)

if you get stuck just come back and we will try to help. There is no shortcut to this learning curve and you have to stick with it.