PDA

View Full Version : Picture Gallery Tutorial From This Site Question

KenNielsen
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
I am a newbie, have completed the Dreamweaver 8 tutorial in the getting started book and want to tackle the Picture Gallery tutorial from this site. I am having difficulty inserting the thumbnail images into the layer container. The first three images inserted just fine but the fourth will not take. There is room for all six images provided. The container layer switches back & forth from original size to a smaller size box around the first three images. I have tried double-clicking in the container layer to see the cursor, but insert image no longer works.

Is there some special way that this should be handled? The instructions make it sound like it is a snap to do.

:(

KenNielsen
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Okay, I admit I'm in over my head on this tutorial. It expects that I know a lot more than I do. I was stopped dead in my tracks about 3/4 way through with 'select the content layer for Layer Name and Scroll Direction as "Stop."

I need more experience before I tackle a project like this. My ultimate aim is to make a database of over 1,000 high-res photographs of our products so magazines can download images they need for publication.

Are there online tutorials that will help me gain more familiarity with layers, containment layers and things I will need to know in order to eventually produce a 'high-res' online photo gallery?

TIA,

Ken

Creative Insanity
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
DW comes with an excellent help file and you can search that for what you want to know. I will have a look around for you..sorry for delays in replies to your post.. but be assured, I am on it.

KenNielsen
10-27-2005, 11:57 PM
It's a labor of love here, meaning, I love it! Dreamweaver is great, and look at all those controls, like learning to fly a B2 bomber it seems like.

I am learning to play the violin by taking lessons from a good teacher for the last eight years, but I still have 7 more to go, as it takes 15 years of daily practice to become familiar with the 'controls' so to speak. I'm sure Dreamweaver deserves the same dedication.

Question: I am getting an error now when I press command-F12, to preview the document in a browser. Now that I have assigned a remote site, Dreamweaver wants to go to that site, which is not working right yet. What do I do to tell Dreamweaver to access the local saved index.html document only? Not to look to the remote site.

Creative Insanity
10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Remove the remote site info from the site setup.

KenNielsen
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Thank You.