PDA

View Full Version : Colour percentages?

monoscapes
10-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know how to find out what colour percentages there are in any given photo/image? i.e. how much red, blue, green, etc proportionately.

Cheers.......Joe.

davidj
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
i have never needed such a report therefore have done no research on it

its not just a question of counting red yellow blue pixels. There is going to be allot of other non primary colours in your pic.

why do you need this information?

Creative Insanity
10-26-2005, 07:18 PM
You are traveling down a LONG road here. Even a shade of red is not red, there are many other colours in it to make it that shade of red.
You are going to need a real maths wizz to work this one out.

monoscapes
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for responding so promptly. The colours given were just examples, I am intersted in establishing the percentages of all colors used in an image, not just the primaries.

If you click on file/save for web a panel comes up on the right-hand side of the page. There are two tabs at the bottom, one is for Image Size and the other shows a Color Table, i.e. the range of colours sampled from the image. Presumably there is some way of mathematically calculating relative amounts, but I can't think how.

davidj
10-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Presumably there is some way of mathematically calculating relative amounts, but I can't think how.

i think you are going outside the realms of photoshop here.