redrover
10-24-2005, 07:00 PM
i have a button make in flash mx

i imported to dreamweaver

now i need to link a new page from that button

how can i do this?

bkendall
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
if you made the button in flash then you will have add the link from flash using the geturl. you can do a google search for a tutorial or I found this one in a quick search http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/buttonlink.htm ('http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/buttonlink.htm')

redrover
10-24-2005, 08:52 PM
all my link pages are within Dreamweaver

will putting the geturl in flash mx effect the link in dreamweaver

Creative Insanity
10-24-2005, 10:00 PM
You don't need to add the link for any buttons where the link is created in flash.
Also the flash links will not effect any links you have in DW on other non-flash items.

redrover
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
to creative insanity

so you are saying that i don't have to create a link in flash mx within a button.

in dreamweaver can i create a link to a page within the flash made buttons?

if so can some pls help me, i tyed everything i know.

dreamweaver comes with already made flash buttons and it gives you the options to add a link to page.

but with custome made flash buttons there is no option to add a link.

i need to find away to add links to cutome made buttons.

pls pls help.

ramandeep
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi redrover,

You can't link the buttons made from flash in dreamweaver.

Yes you can link flash buttons made in dreamweaver.You will get the linking option this case but not when you try to link a flash SWF.

If you want a swf to link to anything, you need to do this in your flash editor, not in DW. DW just puts the flash object on the page. You can't add/edit the link within the swf in Dreamweaver.

redrover
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
thanx for replay

how do you make swf file link to anyhting in flash so it will work in dreamweaver

Creative Insanity
10-25-2005, 12:22 AM
With the DW flash buttons you are actually editing a FLA file. So you will need to put the link into the buttons with flash itself.