PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 caching Issues


bkendall
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
A week or so ago I discovered a DW 8 bug and today I found an emerging issue tech note that I thought might be of some value to some of you.

Issue

When viewing a ColdFusion page requested through a ColdFusion server, the page does not reflect recent changes made. (Ref. 199111)
Reason

This problem occurs because of the time stamp issue, and how ColdFusion servers cache pages. ColdFusion assumes the page has not changed since the timestamp has not changed, so delivers a cached page to the browser.

The problem only occurs when the Remote and Testing server are accessed via the Local/Network site setting.

Solution

Two work-arounds are available.

* Preview in Browser using temporary files

By previewing temporary files (Edit > Preferences, Preview in Browser category), each time the page is previewed a unique file name is used, so the caching issue is avoided.
* Uncheck "Maintain synchronization info" in the site's Remote Info section.

NOTE: Site synchronization cannot be used if this option is unchecked. If site synchronization is needed, consider a different access option besides Local/Network.


well hopefully it will help someone :)

Creative Insanity
10-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Good stuff.. but I would say this would be one of many bugs in version 8. I stopped using it, because in my books it should have never been released.

bkendall
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
That is really the only bug that has effected me thus far. To their credit Macromedia has always been very responsive when I have had issues, but then again I familiar with a few people that work there so that probably helps.

Hopefully once we have the official announcement that Golive is dead they will be able to dedicate more resources to features and bug fixes.