PDA

View Full Version : Changing page titles site wide

likegluelikecrew
10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm working on a large site with tons of pages. As I was creating them I titled them according to what the topic of the page was, but now my manager wants all the page titles to start with the name of the company, then a colon, then the page topic (for example, companyname: products, when right now they just say products for the title). Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to open up every single page and retitle it by hand? Thanks!

We Are 138

davidj
10-19-2005, 02:52 PM
i know you can do a find and replace and set it site wide

then you can look for <title> and replace with <title>company name:

open 1 page of your site and press Ctrl + F

set Find in to entire local site

search Source Code

be very careful...

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>davidj is not resposible for any work lost due to the use and nature of this function. </span>

likegluelikecrew
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Would I still have to go back into every page and re-add the part of the title that deals with the page content? (i.e. Companyname: Products). You know, still add the word Products?

We Are 138

davidj
10-20-2005, 09:32 AM
i thought you said you had already named the pages individualy

products
sales
contact
about us

if you have these titles in already then your fine. The page should currently look like this

<title>products</title>

if this is the case then your ok to add...

<title>my company: products</title>

Creative Insanity
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
I always place titles to a page last and have always done it the way david said.
I just add the company name as each page has more than likely got on it what it is about and so not really needed in the header title.