PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks vs Photoshop?

likegluelikecrew
10-10-2005, 02:27 AM
I have always used Photoshop and ImageReady for all my web graphic work that I bring into Dreamweaver, just because I've been using it a long time and am used to it. Someone suggested that Fireworks is better for web graphics, but couldn't really tell me any solid reasons why. Is there features available in Fireworks that I just couldn't do with Photoshop/ImageReady? If so, I'd love to hear about them. I wouldn't want to learn a whole new program if I didn't have to, but if it's truly better I'd definitely consider it. Opinions?

We Are 138

Creative Insanity
10-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Someone suggested that Fireworks is better for web graphics,
Only got one word for that.. bollocks.

PS has a "save for the web feature" which is awesome and being one that has used FW I would stay with PS.

domedia
10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Someone suggested that Fireworks is better for web graphics, but couldn't really tell me any solid reasons why.
On a general note, it's hard to take anyone seriously if they can't give *any* reason for what they're claiming to be true, should be true. :lol: .. and you shouldn't either. You should ask the person again, if they still can't give any reason, just forget about it.

Creative Insanity
10-10-2005, 06:40 PM
yeah I agree with d also. If you know PS and it is doing the job for you then why pay for and learn another program. Doesn't make sence to me really.