PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of the year I would say.

Creative Insanity
10-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Well here is my highlight to the whole year I would say. Been waiting for awhile for this.

http://www.webthings.org/ci/waycool.JPG

Mixer on the right and sequencer on the left, way cool!

max
10-09-2005, 11:27 AM
hey,

you use SX too? nice one.

I've been looking into getting dual monitors for a while now. It'd make workflow so much easier.

Cool for sure!

m-

Creative Insanity
10-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Sure does Max. yeah been producing for a number of years now.
Since I can work no more (except from home) I have to while away the hours somehow and so I produce music.

Yeah the duals are something that I have wanted for awhile now and they also work nice with PS. All the tool panels on one side and a full sized 1280x1024 canvas to work on with no tools in the way.
It is a pitty that the right hand panel is only a 15" (left is a17"), but I was surprised that the vid card saw the differant sizes and applied the correct resolution to both.
1280x1024 on the left and 1024x768 on the right. Way cool!

Mattias
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Why do you have to stay at home? or is that private? Your monitors are kewl, i already saw them on webthings.org i think. :P

A diehard spongebob fan aswell i see?

Creative Insanity
10-26-2005, 05:51 PM
It is personal Matt sorry.
yeah love sponge baby that little yellow cube is cool.. stupid but cool.
I only whatched a few shows of it and it cracked me up and then all of a sudden the kids are buying me all this SB stuff.
I have SB calendars, orderments, shower stuff, put it this way.. if there is something that is put out as SB then more than likely I have it. LOL

davidj
10-27-2005, 08:17 AM
nice setup

at work we use 2 - 3 monitors per station with dreamweaver / browser / outlook normaly taking up these screens. I am used to the 3 monitor setup and like a spoilt child i always could do with another 2.

creative..

if you want true respect then have ago at this...

not for wimps ('http://www.octools.com/index.cgi?caller=articles/submersion/submersion.html')

Creative Insanity
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
LOL @ David.
My CPU is water cooled.
The case is also pimped out with sidepanel windows and neons and a lava lamp.
The water cooling is why I never bought another monitor and just made do with the old 15" panel. I am getting another 17" early next year hopefully.

I use to have 5 fans in this thing and about a month ago I bit the bullet and bought the water cooling unit and installed it. Now I just have Two fans, one for the radiator (which is really quiet) and one on my vid card. The cooling unit did come with a water block for that as well, but was too chicken to put it on as the card cost me more than the CPU.

My setup is mainly for music production. I love doing that and if I may say so my self, I am pretty good at it.
Have a listen. ('http://creative.audio.webthings.org')

davidj
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
not bad tunes err.. sorry they are really really bad (bad is good right?)

what package do you use for editing?

I play the AXE (thats guitar ) and have dabbled with cakewalk and cubase
recently purchased Sibelius which writes notation as you play but had little time to mess around with it.

Creative Insanity
10-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Cakewalk! (chunder).. if you are meaning Sonar there.. well no way would I use just a piece of junk.
Cubase SX 3 is what I use and it rules. At this stage the only hardware I have is a M-Audio MIDI keyboard, but hope to get a hardware synth and mixer soon (when 'er in doors will lighten up). But for now the VSTs will have to do.