PDA

View Full Version : Caching Issue in Dreamweaver 8 ?

bkendall
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Has anyone noticed caching in DW 8. I am working off of a network and actually my workstation is a terminal server but that has always been the case and it has not been a n issue before.

Here is the problem: I make a change save it, push it to the remote server (via network) then if I need to undo the change, I get this caching effect where it stay at the previous version. I can manually open the remote file and it is the same as my local file (also ran the compare utility, which is a very cool new feature btw) but the file does not update like it should.

I tried opening up DW2004 and it seemed to behave like it is supposed to. The odd thing is if I keep playing with it by inserting comments or doing and undoing changes, it will eventually update.

Anyone experienced this??

davidj
10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
i have learnt to always have my files window in DW set to Remote when getting files and have Automatically upload files on save checkbox checked

there has been a couple of times when i had to delete the file off the live server and do a PUT to get it to update