PDA

View Full Version : Table and text issue

sim
10-06-2005, 04:06 AM
I am new to dreamweaver, the problem i have is whenever i create a table or a nested table in dreamweaver and then write some text in it, the text always comes around in BOLD. I have tried CSS settings and other properties but cud not figure out how to go around this issue.

Thanx in Advance

Creative Insanity
10-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Under the editor window you will see a heading properties, click on the word properties and this will bring up the properties panel.
Make sure that the B button is not checked and if it is, high-light your text and click the bold button and this will turn the bold text off.

sim
10-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanx for your lead 'Creative', i have checked the 'Bold' property in property set but it is absolutely fine.
Even when the bold setting is 'OFF' still the txt comes as bold.

The thing is whenever i write any text in any 'NEW' table the text comes as BOLD, when i work on tables which were previously created by my friend on other machine, the text works out really fine bold or normal the way i want it. I am so confused.....

Creative Insanity
10-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Ok in the code does the txt have the tag around it?
If not, have you got any transformation packs installed on your system? These can often cause the txt to look bold.

ramandeep
10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
also check that you havent tick the header check box in the properties below.That can be the reason aswell.

Jim_Shady
10-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Post the code for one of the tables in questions and we'll have a look.... it does sound like a wierd one though I must admit!

Shady.

sim
10-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Once again thanx to all of you for your time and effort.

Creative as u wrote....i checked and there are no [b] tags in the code and abt the 'transformation' package....i never installed anything xtra but how can we find out if there is such thing on my system?

Raman i checked all the properties in the properties panel n they all look normal.

I am also attaching the code.....i just made a blank html file in dreamweaver, wrote some text in the page and then added some text in the table (which comes as bold).....code follows:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
testing
<table width="206" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<th scope="col">testing in table </th> """""comment added: this comes bold""""
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Thanx once again

Creative Insanity
10-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Remove
<th scope="col"> </th>
and bold will go bye bye.

sim
10-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi 'Creative'...........
i did exactly that but now i c nothing in table...all i c is a yellow shield like small icon...
my code reads
<table width="206" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
ggg
</tr>
</table>

Thanx

domedia
10-08-2005, 07:29 PM
All you need is to know howe to write tables :)

Here's an example:
<table border="1">
<tr>
<th>This is a table header row item</th>
<th>This is another table header row item</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>This is a nrmal table cell</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

<TR> <-- is a table row
<TH> <- Is a table header, this is formatted as bold as default, you can change this with CSS, or if it's not a table row header, use <TD> instead.
<TD> <- Normal table cell.

If the text is a table header, <TH> is the right tag to use. IF you dont want this to be in bold, add this line to your CSS:
th {font-weight: normal;} :)

Creative Insanity
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I ment just remove the tag not the text as well hehe

sim
10-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Thnx guys.....it worked......hehehe that i think was some basic stuff.

Thnx again