PDA

View Full Version : Me

Creative Insanity
10-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I had a few moments spare while waiting for a partner to do his thing on a project we are doing.

I am a freelance php scripter and desktop artist and have been doing this for the last 3 years.
I have been using PS since it's early days and also Dreamweaver. I started with Dreamweaver in it's hay days and was so happy when they released UltraDev as I was doing many ASP pages then and testing scripts made it so much easier.

These days I mainly do php (as that is what is mainly needed) but now and then a little ASP is wanted.

I use to have a site called Webthings.org (still have just under reconstruction) and I use to offer help for people wanting to create their first site.
I done VTMs on all aspects of web design and creation which included VTMs on Dreamweaver, Photoshop, MySQL, Apache and PHP.

Well that is it in a nut shell really.

Oh yeah.. I bet I am the oldest here also hehe (age withheld).

domedia
10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Creative Insanity,
You are very welcome here, I hope we'll see a lot of you around.
The design+php combination is a good one, looks like everyone wants that now.

Oldest one? I don't think you've browsed these forums enough yet ;)
Unless you have grandkids you don't even qualify for membership the Senior Web Developer Club here B)
(no, I'm not a member there... yet :blink: )

Creative Insanity
10-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Actually I do have grandchild. Young Josh is 6. I have also been using computers when they only beeped at you and the C64 sound was envied by all early PC users. I had a C64 also, and a 128 and I also made the mistake of buying one of those junkie Amigas.

Is my age showing yet? LOL

domedia
10-06-2005, 12:11 PM
:)
I had a C64 as well, and a Amiga500 after that, old times..

Welcome to the Senior Club ;) B)

davidj
10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
golf on the amega (magic)

F/A-18 Interceptor ( i actually landed on the sub)

i remember buying a Cobra MkIII space craft in Elite

Mig-29 Fulcrum (great graphics)

those were the days...

i remember a game for Amega which came on 10 floppy disks ... Wow

domedia
10-06-2005, 05:16 PM
i remember buying a Cobra MkIII space craft in Elite
My favorite game of all time B)

Creative Insanity
10-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Well I STILL have the C64 and the 128 and they still work. I also still have my Action Replay 6 cartridge.
I never played games on the C64 or the 128.. I only got them for programming.
I use to do scene demos on them.. coder in many groups back then.. man the hours that chewed up also.

I also ran (this will get you laughing) a BBS on a C64 with a 24 board modem and used 8 1541 drives for the data. LOL
Was rather popular also for the times.. I averaged 15 - 18 calls a week.. not much by todays standards, but these were from over seas. hehe

Loved those days. Things had to be worked for then.. not like now.. you just toss in a new this or that and you have more memory and more colours.. those days you had to make what you wanted as you could not buy them.