PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver new font problem

uspinar
10-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi,

My problem is I dont know how to add new font type to my font list.

The new font type that i would like to add is estrangelo edessa and it is not exist in edit font list .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

:unsure:

bkendall
10-04-2005, 03:59 PM
What version of DW are you using? I am guessing mx2004 but I think the functionalit of the font list is the same as it is in 8.

You should be able to open edit font list dialog box and at the bottom right there is an available font list and assuming that the font you want is installed on your machine, you should be able to hightlight and then click the left arrow which will add it to the box on the left and also add it to the font list above.

Hope this helps if not I am sure there are others here that will gladly give you a hand.

uspinar
10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Im using dreamweaver ultradev but the thing is font type that i would like to add is not listed in edit font type ( available fonts) list.

I have that font type in my windows fonts but i can not use it from there as you know.

Thanks,

uspinar
10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I think i need to find font type extension (*.mxp)

Does anyone know where I can find it for free to download.

bkendall
10-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I looked in the Macromedia exchange and a few other extension sites and did see anything like a font extension.

Is the font your trying to add a ttf?

davidj
10-05-2005, 08:46 AM
its not that simple

you want to add a font estrangelo edessa into DW which you can do in 10 seconds then spend hours building your site using the font estrangelo edessa

but nobody will see your site with the font estrangelo edessa if they dont have that font on their machine.

It will default to arial or someother Forgettable font

I dont have estrangelo edessa on my machine!!

You will need to embed the font so the world will see estrangelo edessa

uspinar
10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the tips,

I think you are right.

>> Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result<<