PDA

View Full Version : Text spacing and saving a site

DiscoStu4560
10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey all,

I'm a Dreamweaver newbie and i'm having a couple small problems.

When working with text I am getting double spaces. I am not sure how to change it so there is no spacing between lines.

Also, when creating a site with frames, how is a project supposed to be saved? I have numerous frameset files for one simple index. How do these codes combine?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm on a real learning curve.

Thanks

Stu

bkendall
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
For the double lines under Edit>Prefrences there is an option for double spacing. Also you can further control line spacing with css if you need to.

As for saving the framesets dreamweaver should prompt you to save the files when you go to close them. I try to stay far from frames so others might have beeter information on using frames with dreamweaver as my frame exp pre-dates my use of dreamweaver.

Abby Normal
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I just wanted to let you know I am new to Dreamweaver (two months) and to this forum (five hours). I have done some searching and browsing through the old threads and found answers to three problems I have had with this software -- thanks. The one resolution I can't get to work is this one for double spacing after hitting Enter! Where under "edit>preferences" is the option for double spacing? I looked at all the different page choices there and cannot found anything about spacing. Hopefully this is a semantics problem and not an operator one. Thanks.

kate
12-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Hello,

<span style='color:red'>'Edit' -->menu commands.</span>

Hopefully.

:)

Creative Insanity
12-21-2005, 08:40 PM
The double space is easy.. when you want the next line
hold down shift when you press enter. When you want a new paragraph

just press enter.

Abby Normal
12-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks, CI. That is too easy. You wouldn't believe how much time I have wasted copying stuff into Notepad, removing the double spacing and recopying back into DW. I wonder what other neat tips are out there like that.

Creative Insanity
12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
LOL.. Ya know there Abby that F1 is a great key hehe