PDA

View Full Version : Installing Dreameaver 8 on Win ME

jk99
10-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi. I'm trying to install Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 on my pc, but keep getting a notification that an updated Windows Installer is needed. My pc has installed Windows Installer 1.1, 2.0 and Microsoft Component Installer SDK for Windows, too, but it still won't install the Dreamweaver. Can't the software get installed on Win ME or are there any suggestions? I'm very new to this. Thanx.

davidj
10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
found this while surfin

Windows Me is certainly not suitable for Web programming. It doesn’t even technically support a development Web server such as Personal Web Server, and Dreamweaver MX 2004 is not supported on it.

www.devarticles.com ('http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=view&id=800&pop=1&page=0&hide_js=1')

it could explain why your having problems

i would try and re-install your windows ME or bin ME and get XP

jk99
10-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Possible... Thanx for helping!!

Creative Insanity
10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I would advise leaving DW 8 alone.. and if you have already bought it then I feel for you. Just have a look on macromedias forum at all the hassles people are having with that version.
It is nasty.

bkendall
10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
What sort of troubles are you referring to CI? the company I work for upgraded over the weekend and I have not noticed any trouble at all, in fact I have been quite pleased

jk99
10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I haven't bought the Dream Weaver yet, but may purchase Windows XP Home Edition SP2 UPG and improve the OS of my pc for any new programs I may hit in the future. I thought it would be a good preparation.... wouldn't it?