PDA

View Full Version : testing server

Creative Insanity
10-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I have no idea why Macromedia don't fix this damn bug.. but anyhoo..

I have apache, MySQL, php and phpmyadmin all running sweet and phpinfo() tells me what I expect to see but dreamweaver for some reason refuses to see the testing server. I have tried all I can think of including the IP address and still no joy.

Does anyone know a work around for this as Macromedia always seem to past the buck and say my setup is incorrect, neeedless to say that I do this for a living and have errected so many servers in my life.

So does anyone know a cure for this ANNOYING bug that Macromedia will not reconise?

Thanks

I am using MX 2004 and the server stuff is all local.

davidj
10-04-2005, 08:47 AM
i have a machine at home with a local setup

I have the local and test dir the same (this is probably bad practice) but it does the job and its never used for live uploads

also

try copying the _mmServerScripts dir to the test machine site/dir

please post your settings from DW (both live and local) into this thread

Creative Insanity
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
yeah this is a local setup also and have had it for some time and now and then when I reinstall windows and resetup again (windows being windows hehe) I seem to have this hassle, then after a few hours for some reason it works. But this time it is not.
I have even lowered the sql server version (was getting desperate. hehe) and that never worked either.
My setup is php5
Mysql 3.24 (going to up this back to 4.1)
Apache 2.0.54

In the testing servers URL I enter a selection of option to try to get this to work.
localhost/site
IP address/site
and none worked..
but stupid thing here is that if I enter a direct path IE: d:\webserver\site it gives the tick. But as we all know this will not work because DW when connecting to a testing server is looking for a URL and not a direct path.

As for the _mmServerScripts directory.. it is already there.

Just as a side note. ANYTHING I place in the testing servers URL gives the tick.. I mean anything.. I can put 123 or abc or a nasty word, anything.. but it won't connect naturally.. as SOON as you enter http:// bam.. tick has gone.
This DW is really crap and I wish there was something better that worked all the time.. but alas there is not and so we are stuck with this dog.

Creative Insanity
10-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Wow what a joke this is.

I installed the server stuff on another computer and copied all my sites over to that system and tried to connect to a testing server on that system from mine and no joy. But after installing DW on that system and trying again and it worked somewhat confused me.

How come it will not work from my system to the other one when it will work when DW is setup on that system.. even though I had the URL for the testing server set as IP/site.

DW sure is one weird program that is for sure.