PDA

View Full Version : Check in/Check out

bkendall
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi-

I did a search in the forums for this topic and didn't find anything, but I would be surprised if this issue has not been discussed before.

In MX2004 when you check multipe files out there is not an easy way to check them in with out manually searching through, in case a lot of directories, to find the files and manually check them back in. there should be an easier way to manage the checkin/checkout files.

I have read that this has been addressed in Studio 8 so the answer may just be to wait till my company gets the new version (hopfully soon) but I figured I would throw out the topic to see if anyone else has experienced this frustrating situation.

Jim_Shady
10-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Dear BKendall,

I agree with you and I don't know of any way to easily fix this. I suppose if the site isn't massive you could check out all, and then check all in, but it's not very practical I know.

Hopefully a remedy will be developed - although off th top of my head I can't think of HOW they could do it. I suppose there could be a 'Get selected files' button, and then 'Put previous files back onto server' or something like that?

Shady.

bkendall
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Yes, I do not know what the answer is but to my delight I can in this morning and they have updated to Studio 8 so hopefully it won't be as much of an issue anymore.