PDA

View Full Version : Showing records from 0 and up

tomlewis
09-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm creating a football results page, and to differienciate between played games and not palyed, I'm giving all none played games a score of -1.

For example, a hometeam (colum name) score for a non played game would be -1, but a hometeam score for a played game that finished 3-0 would be 3.

How would I show games that have been completed and have a result?

davidj
10-03-2005, 08:21 AM
what scripting language are you using

tomlewis
10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
PHP and MYSQl

Creative Insanity
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok, let's sit down and think about this.

The way I would approach this would be to have a score board made up of the team names with a small form text area next to each team and also a radio button (to make the calculation easier).
Then I would enter the goals that each team got for each game (entering one at a time) and turn on the radio button for the winning team.

Then I would setup a calculation script that would, lets say blue got 1 goal and red got 3 goals, which would make red the winners and their radio button would be turned on.

So the calculation would take 1 (blue teams goal) from 3 (red teams goals) and give them a point value of 2, which would be placed in the database and displayed on the main site.
You could also setup a sum for each team to add all their point values so their points would increment and give an accurate points table.

For the - value, dunno as yet as this is just off the top of my head.

The score board would be in an admin panel of some sorts so that people could not tamper with the scores.