PDA

View Full Version : Animated Web Button

Paulo
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey,

I consider myself still a novice in using M/Dreamweaver MX 2004.

And Im planning to create a site that will used Animated Web Buttons to navigate through the page, such as navigating to "Home", "Links", "Email", and several other page.

How will I create this in Dreamweaver?

domedia
09-30-2005, 04:43 AM
If you absolutely have to make them in DW, I would go for Flash Buttons. the manual should give you the first introductions to these.

Jim_Shady
09-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you want to use Flash buttons.

Create a page, save it (need to do this first) and the go to INSERT > MEDIA > FLASH BUTTON.

Follow your nose... you should be fine.

Shady.

Paulo
09-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Create a page, save it (need to do this first) and the go to INSERT > MEDIA > FLASH BUTTON.

Shady.
Hey,

Many thanks for the reply.

Honestly, at the moment, I do not know how to make "Flash Buttons" and used it as a navigational tool for my project.

And so far, the Web Buttons that I have are those freeware "Web Buttons" that are "GIF files."

Hence, Can I used these downloaded web buttons, created as GIF Files? If not, can i convert them as FLASH files?

If Yes, how should I convert it? and how can I "Drag & Drop" them for my navigational tool?

If not, Is there a site which can teach me how to make Animated FLASH Buttons?

Again, many thanks in advance.

domedia
09-30-2005, 01:44 PM

Shady.
Hey,

Honestly, at the moment, I do not know how to make "Flash Buttons" and used it as a navigational tool for my project.
Did you even try what Jim suggested?

kate
09-30-2005, 08:30 PM
You can create in Dreamweaver,

Go to 'insert' >>flash button>>pick from the styles on offer>> name your button text >>link your button>>choose the font>>choose _blank

Done!

:)

Paulo
10-02-2005, 12:59 PM

Shady.
Hey,

Did you even try what Jim suggested?
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. Honestly, I did not try Jim's suggestion.

Why? Becoz I am not familiar with Flash buttons, how to used them and how to "load" them into DW web page.

Secondly, I have "GIF animated web buttons" on my files which will make my work a lot faster.

I was hoping that by using DW, I could used GIF animated Web Buttons, without using FLASH. And making my entire web files 'smaller" in size.

I am sorry if I didn't met your expectations.

But if you could help provide a link where I can learn on how to used Flash buttons in DW, I would gladly appreciate it.

Again, thank you for your valuable help and kind understanding!

Jim_Shady
10-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Dear Paulo,

Why? Becoz I am not familiar with Flash buttons, how to used them and how to "load" them into DW web page.

There is very little to become familar with. Dreamweaver does everything for you. Please try mine and Kate's suggestion and then come back to us if it does not do what you want it to.

Shady.