PDA

View Full Version : Text varitions between explorer and firefox

hbadger30
09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi all,

I'm new and I hope you can help me as I have a couple of problems.

Ok so I've just finished my first website which uses some purely Html pages and some that use flash (e.g. a radio). I've opted for the same size text, font, colour etc. but the difference between the flash pages and the Html pages is marked. The flash Arial text appears fuller and almost bold and I don't know why - anyone else experienced this?

Secondly I was previewing the site in Firefox 1.0.7 and apart from the above problem it looks good .............. then I tried it in IE!! Disaster! The text is about twice as big and hence any alignments I've made look rubbish - I'm sure this is a common problem but how should I tackle it?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

domedia
09-27-2005, 10:32 PM
You can start by giving us a URL so we can actually look at it and help you out :)

hbadger30
09-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry the site is not up and running yet as I'm stil designing it, but I've attached a zip file with the Html pages and my flash radio - some of the music links won't work as I didn't want to make the file too big.
Load the frameset in dreamweaver then publish it into firefox and it should look ok - then try the same in IE and the text should be much bigger. Also have a look at the "Music" tab which contains my flash radio player - the text in buttons on the left handside of the screen is very different from the rest of the text use through out the site :-(

hbadger30
09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Heres the .zip file again - connection cut off as I was sending it first time.

hbadger30
09-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Ok I've done some more reading around and I think what I need to do is check which browser the client is using and then direct them to a page that is appropriate for them to view (i.e. have several different pages of the same content tailoured to each browser). Only thing I don't know how that can be done - I've checked the Dreamweaver MX help but nothing came up. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Graham

domedia
09-30-2005, 04:30 AM
I don't know where you read that, but that's not needed at all. You should be able to have your website look pretty much the same in all browsers without too much problems. I don't have the time/resources to download/unzip your file, upload it to your webspace so we can look at the code or paste it in this thread. No-one I know duplicates their website anymore for regualr webpages. It pretty much a pre-2000 dea.l :)