PDA

View Full Version : Are layers ontop of flash possible?

haymaker
09-23-2005, 11:06 PM
hey im creating a website whewre there is a flash animation in the back ground but when ever i try to create a layer with text in ontop of the layer with flash on it goes behind the animation when i peview it
any help would be great cheers

domedia
09-23-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't think you can. Flash files as a webpage object have infinitive z-index as far as i know, and you can't put anything on top of them.

haymaker
09-23-2005, 11:39 PM
damn thats killed that whole design :unsure:
before i go searchin i never use html but with it do you think there would be a way to remove the animation or perhaps move it out the way once it has played, after a certain amount of time maybe?
hm make it not visible then move it :unsure:

As in after the animation plays just have a jpg of the last frame in its place?

haymaker
09-23-2005, 11:43 PM
ooor maybe after the animation has played to automaticly load another identicl page but with the jpg of the last scene as the whole page only amounts to 16k
i wouldnt want to do this but id prefer it to having to have a proper intro page
cheers

domedia
09-24-2005, 01:40 AM
your last idea is possible. If it's smart I'm not gonn say ;)

You could add a geturl in your flashmovie on it's last frame.
To do this (trying to remember flash) you need to click your last frame and insert the geturl from your actionsscript panel.

imho, your design is at flaw. You're trying to make your site work around your design, instead of the other way around.