PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help please.

8bit-ash
09-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi,
I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to html and pretty basic with dreramweaver so go easy.

I've got two things I cant workout. Firstly I've created a link from a word. it automatically underlines it and changes the colour, i've worked out how to change the colour but not get rid of the underlining. Any help?

The other thing: I've created 4 hotspots on one image all linking to different pages, is there anyway of creating a block of text in a frame next to the image that appears when the viewer rolls over the hotspot to tell them what the link is.

thanks

ash

davidj
09-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I've got two things I cant workout. Firstly I've created a link from a word. it automatically underlines it and changes the colour, i've worked out how to change the colour but not get rid of the underlining.

you need to format your text using CSS to remove the underline

I've created 4 hotspots on one image all linking to different pages, is there anyway of creating a block of text in a frame next to the image that appears when the viewer rolls over the hotspot to tell them what the link is.

add an alt attribute in your area shape tag

<area shape="rect" coords="151,306,413,423" href="#" alt="this is a web page about stuff" />

domedia
09-23-2005, 02:54 PM
You use CSS to change the appearance of text or links.

Example :
<a href="yourlink.html" style="text-decoration: none;">Your text</a>

Removing underline from links is usually not a good idea, because users might not know it's a link anymore.