PDA

View Full Version : IE Preview ActiveX blocker problems

ElusivD
09-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi - newbie question coming up so sorry if you've all had it before. I'm having problems with previewing my pages in IE. Each time the page is stopped with the Microsoft ActiveX blocker - it's driving me nuts!!! Has anyone got a solution? I can't find anything on the macromedia site.

Many thanks

ElusivD
09-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi - Anyone else experiencing this? Hit F12 (or preview in browser) to see your website in IE and you get the blocker stopping your ppage displaying until you allow Active X controls to run (which is a further 2 or three mouse clicks). This is driving me nuts - as a newbie I am doing a lot of previewing :(

I understand you can turn the Active X blocker of (not sure how though) - but doesn't this leave my PC exposed and would I have to keep turning it on and off.

Cheers - ElusivD

domedia
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm having problems with previewing my pages in IE. Each time the page is stopped with the Microsoft ActiveX blocker
hiya elusiv,
you have to give more information than *that* in order to get help :)

ElusivD
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi domedia.

I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004 and IE6. The pc I use has Service Pack 2 on it.

The problem is when I go to preview in browser the web pages I am working on IE stops the page from loading and the IE banner pops up at the top of the page warning me that the web page I am trying to view contains Active Content and I need to click on the banner and 'Allow Content', I am then presented with a box asking me to confirm the action and only then does it load the page.

As you can imagine this is frustrating and when I asked a web designer colleague he seems to think it is an XP problem and the only thing to do is turn of all Active Content monitoring in IE. If I do that however, it means my browser is open to Active Content from other sites.

Does this make any more sense?

I attach a demo page which does what I mean when previewing.

Thanks

ElusivD
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry that page didn't load. Will try something else to show what I mean. :unsure:

davidj
09-15-2005, 01:36 PM
i have also had this problem and was advised that it was a security settings issue

ElusivD
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi davidj

DId you get it resolved? I have tried the help section but even the instructions there don't seem to work.

Thanks

davidj
09-15-2005, 01:41 PM
im embarrassed to say i learned to live with it

but it was a pain. I beleive its a SP2 issue in XP

davidj
09-20-2005, 02:16 PM
if i remember rightly it happens when you view pages off your local machine

C:\Documents and Settings\davidj\My Documents\work\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\test.htm

If you were to upload them to the web then the problem may go away

(browse through http)