PDA

View Full Version : uploading to host

europhreak
09-13-2005, 05:29 AM
Please Help the newbie. I have started developing pages in dreamweaver and everything works great locally (win xp, iis is already set up). I have a hosting account at www.brinkster.com and would like to upload my pages and database to it. locally the site structure is as follows:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\project,
in the project folder i have "bin" containing DreamweaverCtrls.dll file, then "database" folder with one databas and in "project" which is the root of my site are few aspx files and web.confi file. everything works great locally, but when i ftp-ed all those files and folder keeping the same site structure, whenever i try to open any aspx errors i get errors:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="MM" Namespace="DreamweaverCtrls" Assembly="DreamweaverCtrls,version=1.0.0.0,publicKeyToken=83 6f606ede05d46a,culture=neutral" %>
Line 3: <MM:Insert
Line 4: runat="server"

Source File: \\premfs19\sites\premium19\fibernex\webroot\projec t\testpage.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DreamweaverCtrls' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file://premfs19/sites/premium19/fibernex/webroot
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspn et.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\confi g\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/0dece17d/9f402e6b/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/0dece17d/9f402e6b/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file://premfs19/sites/premium19/fibernex/webroot/bin/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file://premfs19/sites/premium19/fibernex/webroot/bin/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/0dece17d/9f402e6b/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/0dece17d/9f402e6b/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file://premfs19/sites/premium19/fibernex/webroot/bin/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file://premfs19/sites/premium19/fibernex/webroot/bin/DreamweaverCtrls/DreamweaverCtrls.EXE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
is there anything i need to change as far as connecting/pointer to database. i know that when looking at code in dreamweaver there is no
-----------------------------------------------------------
<%

Dim sPath As String = "C:\sites\single??\username\database\YourDB.mdb"

Dim connString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; DATA Source=" & sPath & ";"

Dim objConn As OleDbConnection

Dim cmdSelect As OleDbCommand

Dim dtrReader As OleDbDataReader

Dim strResults As String

objConn = New OleDbConnection( connString )

objConn.Open()
--------------------------------------------------------------
all this is missing when using dreamweaver, why?, when i do provide all the connecting info then i get errors when trying to run this locally, why?, should this be added automatically by dreamweaver when you publish the site?.

Please help!!!