PDA

View Full Version : Uploading text

Wayne
09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Can anyone give me some advice, I need to upload text to a site in the morning, the client needs me to do this as a favour, they dont know how this is done as the person who normally does it has up and gone.

If anyone can advise me on the procedures to doing this, it would be great, I know they use Dreamweaver to build it, but what else should I know.

domedia
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Do you need advice on how to FTP to their server? Please clarify.

Wayne
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Yea FTP, I am really in the dark abot all this, really I need to know when I have designed a site what I need to do to get it up and running.

Any help would be great.

MITCH MENSCHEL
09-15-2005, 08:27 AM
HI...Having uploaded hundreds of web pages to various web page hosts, this is what I would do, if I were you.....
1: Find out who is your company's web page host.
2: Email the host and let them know that you have a web page ready for publishing....and need to know their requirements of Uploading the files for the page(s).
3: Most hosts have their own FTP program and your company may already have it set up on the computer. If so, you simply call it up, and call up the Directory that has the files you want to publish, Highlight them, and click on the ARROW that will send your new files to the Host. That's all there is to it. It will finish by itself.
4: If this is something entirely new...and this will be the first web page for this Host, I would inquire of the host for the information needed in order to upload via FTP or even manually, one file at a time.
5: If you don't have a FTP program, I like ACE-FTP....which is FREE and I have been using them for years without a problem.
6: After installation, you will see what questions they require for you to be able to upload files.....and then you can ask the Host for the answers that you simply type in on the simple form...and you are just about ready to publish.
7: If your host does not accept FTP, you can send the files manually, one at a time, once you log onto the Host.
8: Go to File Manager and then Upload Files and take it from there.

Hope this helps. MITCH MENSCHEL aka CYBER-GRAMPS
(ALSO A NEW MEMBER HERE)(Hope there are no serious typos)<G>
><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

domedia
09-15-2005, 01:11 PM
great first post Mitch :)
Welcome to the forums!

Wayne
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
That is great, thankyou,

Wayne
09-15-2005, 08:44 PM