PDA

View Full Version : updateing a photo album

FearTheJourney
08-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I created a photo album in dream weaver. Now I want to add more pictures to the same photo album and I am trying to figure out what is the easiest way to do it. If anyone could give any help that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I tried a search but only found one hit for it, of someone asking the same thing but there were no replys. So I thought I would try myself.

domedia
08-15-2005, 03:18 PM
It's impossible to help you without knowing anything about your website. You're asking a technical question without giving any information about specifics. Did you use 'Commands/Create Web Photo Album' or did you make this yourself? URL/Code? Where did you get stuck?

kate
08-15-2005, 03:55 PM
From Macromedia...

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/dreamw..._album3_06.html ('http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/dreamweaver/articles/photo_album3_06.html')

FearTheJourney
08-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Yes I used the 'Commands/Create Web Photo Album' . Sorry thought I had that in there but I wrote my post in a hurry I guess. Also thank you kate. I have not had a chance to really look deeply into that. But man does it look like a lot of work just to update a photoalbum (if that was what that was for.)

Thanks again to both of you for your replys.

kate
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Hya,

But man does it look like a lot of work just to update a photoalbum (if that was what that was for.)

Seems so FTJ...you can do it...lololol

:)

FearTheJourney
08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Still have not tried it yet. But I will. But man, just think. I have like 20 diffrent albums that I will be updateing like once a month or so. There has to be an easyer way to do this. I think I might just go with a diffrent route.

Jim_Shady
08-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I had the same problem as you. I made an album using Dreamweaver's Album wizard but then found it very hard to update it. I ended up starting again with a new folder of all the images. Not much good if you're going to be updating every week though and I think that it's something Macromedia developers need to look at.