PDA

View Full Version : Small Pop Up Window When Link Clicked - How?

meera
08-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi all. I am experimenting in designing a website selling fake jewellery. What I want to incorporate in my site is the same concept as the following website:
http://www.worldofhealthandleisure.co.uk/p...onalweights.htm ('http://www.worldofhealthandleisure.co.uk/professionalweights.htm')

Note that when you click on the small "Info" word, a small window pops open in the centre of the same page (the source of this small page shows it's a .gif image). I have doing a similar thing whereby saving my extra information as a .gif file and inserting the link within my dreamweaver page. When I test my site and I click on my "Info" words, the pop up window that opens is yet another full size webpage. I want the small page as the site above! Can anyone guide me as to how to get this smaller page within the regular page window please?

Any help will be much appreciated peeps. :)

Thanks.

domedia
08-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Here we go, a mini tutorial on useing the 'Open Browser Window' function:

1. Go to the behaviors panel (Windows/Behaviours)
2. Select the text on your page that you want to be clickable
3. Choose the '+' sign in your behaviours panel and choose 'Open Browser Window'
4. In the 'Open browser Window' pop-up-window select the URL and specify the width and the height of the window. You can also choose if you want a status bar or a scroll bar etc.
5. Click on OK
6. In the behaviors panel under the Events Column, choose 'onClick'.

meera
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
<span style='color:purple'>domedia, thanks for that. When I followed your steps, after clicking on the + sign in behaviours, I only had 4 options highlighted and Open Browser was not one of them. Why I am so limited for behaviours choice do you think?</span>

domedia
08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Did you do step #2. first?
Select (highlight) the text you want to act as a link?

meera
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Did you do step #2. first?
Select (highlight) the text you want to act as a link?
<span style='color:purple'>I can only manage to get the Behaviours options highlighted if I highlight an image on my site. This does not work when I highlight words. Does that mean that you can only apply "Open Browser" (from Behaviours panel) from an image only?

Thanks.</span>