PDA

View Full Version : frames! targeted frames!

mseibert
08-12-2005, 08:40 PM
i am creating what will act as an online porfolio. i have thumbnails that when clicked will display the larger image in a separate, targeted frame. the problem is that i have chosen black as the background color to all my frames and pages but when a thumbnail is clicked and the image opens in the targeted frame, the background is default white and the image is not centered. how do i manipulate the page properties of a targeted frame (i.e. change background color to black and center an image within a frame.)?

thanks for any guidance,
matthew seibert

kate
08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Have you tried - window - properties inspector...?

Just clicking inside the frame/image should bring up the properties right away then to can change things...or use CSS.

:)

mseibert
08-14-2005, 01:07 AM
the page properties is how i got the background color to be black to begin with, it's when an image is opened in the frame as a target that the page background color TURNS into white and the image is aligned to the left.

i'll look into CSS, but i was hoping i wouldn't have to go there.

thanks so much for your help and consideration,
matt

any other suggestions? please!

Jim_Shady
08-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Do you mean it's opening in another window or another frame mate?

If you could give us the link to the page we could look maybe?

Shady.

mseibert
08-14-2005, 07:49 PM
i have three frames (3 columns). the left and right ones are devoted to navigation and thumbnails and my desire is that when you click on one of the thumbnails the larger image will appear in the middle frame. i have gotten this to work, but when it does, when the image appears in the targeted middle frame, the background turns to white and the image is aligned to the left. in this middle frame, before clicking on a thumbnail, i have the background black and a "start-up" image centered. its when a thumbnail is clicked and the targeted frame for the larger version is the middle frame that this frame changes the properties i had assigned to it.

unfortunately, this site is not online, as it is incomplete and unruly,

thanks,
matt

kate
08-14-2005, 07:51 PM
hya,
try...
To center elements:
Select the element (image, plug-in, table, or other page element) you want to center.
Choose Text > Align > Center. I have done this before with an image but not in a frame so just try it.

Src specifies the source document to display in the frame. Click the folder icon to browse to and select a file. You can also open a file in a frame by placing the insertion point in the frame and choosing File > Open in Frame. then use the properties inspector to alter the position.

:)