PDA

View Full Version : Design Notes Addition (ud_recordset=)

GooGoo
08-11-2005, 03:41 PM
I have just started to use them, but first, if I add a design note, no one else on my team will know that design note has been applied unless they go to site view (which we normally donít do) and then there is no design note description only an icon which necessitates another click.

When I generate a report, every page with a database connection comes back even if I have not applied a design note. I then have to inspect each file to see if there is a custom design note applied.

It seems this feature is nice in concept, but not useful in practical application.

Am I wrong?

GooGoo
08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
When a recordset is created on a page, a design note is automatically created called UD_{recordset name}.

What is this for? Can it be deleted? Can this be stopped?

These entries make reports very hard to read when we have our own design notes.

ranjan
08-11-2005, 06:50 PM
<span style='color:red'>Threads merged because of relevance</span>

How do you use Design Notes?

This is how one should.

1. While defining a site, you can in the "Advanced" >> "Design Notes" specify if you want to (a) maintain design notes (B) upload design notes. By defualt both are "ON". When you upload/download a file the design note associated with it gets uploaded / downloaded if upload design notes is switched on

2. To view / edit / add design notes associated with a file: "File" >> "Design Notes". You can store basic info and all info

3. To clean up design notes not associated with any files click the "Clean Up" Button on "Advanced" >> "Design Notes" in Site Defination panel.

Delelting Design Notes does not have any effect on performance of the page. So you can safely delete UD_{recordset name}