PDA

View Full Version : SWF audio file play conrol buttons

erobert
08-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi. How do I get VCR buttons to appears when inserting a link to a SWF file?
I am inserting a SWF audio only file and linking it to the correct file. When I proof it on several
browsers all I get is a black spot where the controls should be. If I left click with the mouse I am given the option of playing the file. And it plays fine. If I insert the sound file as a quicktime movie with the plug-in option, I get a standard play control graphic. And, it also plays fine, but I would like to take advantage of the smaller files.
How do I get a play control graphic when inserting a SWF file?

Thanks, in advance, for any help or links to info.

Rob

Sloth_Boy
08-10-2005, 10:49 AM
swf files dont use a player like mp3, wma, wmv, mov, avi.etc. swf gets executed by flash player. flash player doesnt have vcr buttons becuase it is used more as an interactive web tool rather than a video/audio player. You'll have to make your own puase/play buttons in flash if you want to. Otherwise, i'd use another file type to play the sound/music, one that uses an external app, like a mp3 or a wma.

erobert
08-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Thank you very much.

Rob

Sloth_Boy
08-11-2005, 06:47 AM
No Worries...

Just, left out the fact that when you import a media file and embed it flash player. It keeps its orignal compression unless you change it, but you'll find if you you import an uncompreessed AVI, it will leave it uncompressed and you will ahve a massive file, just keep that in mind. This doesnt happen on all occasions though.

erobert
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Good to know. Thanks again.

Rob