PDA

View Full Version : don't know what to call the problem

chagoury1
08-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi guys. ok heres what i'm trying to do. I'm going to have a tough time explaining this...
i have a page with one big layout table, and inside i have 3 layout cells in rows, one over the other. In the second layout cell i have A - B - C - D ...etc now what i want to do is when I click on A I want the first layout cell (the big one) to display a list containgin things that start with the letter A, and when I click B I want the first layout cell to change and show things containing things that start with the letter B.... etc ThIS is sort of like a frame but I dont want to use frames, and I also dont want to copy the entire html page again changing things so that i end up with a.htm, b.htm, c.htm etc....
IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Thanks

domedia
08-08-2005, 01:18 PM
and I also dont want to copy the entire html page again changing things so that i end up with a.htm, b.htm, c.htm etc....
Why don't you want it like this? It seems like the obvious solution inmho. If you use Dreamweavers Template System it would make things easier. If you were to use a server side template system with a database it would make things even much easier.